- 1 to 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
(You can also replace the dry ingredients with Shake n’ Bake or the bread crumb recipe of your choice.)
- In a medium container with a lid or a ziplock bag, combine chicken and mayo. Mix well, ensuring each piece is coated on all sides. Chill for 30 minutes to overnight.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a separate container.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bag. Shake well until all pieces are coated with dry mixture. Chill for 1 hour.
- Add to air fryer in an even layer and cook for 13 to 16 minutes at 375 F. For crispier nuggets, increase temperature to 400 and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
(Source: I quickly jotted down something close to this recipe from a TikTok video a few months ago but failed to write down the user’s name. Now that we’ve made it, I, of course, can’t find the video. So credit goes to the unnamed TikTok-er for the general idea and Elizabeth Hinlely [https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/8963/oven-fried-chicken-iii/] for the bread crumb mixture, with a little tweaking by my wife.)