- 2 to 3 pounds turkey, roasted and thickly sliced
- 1/2 pound bacon, partially cooked (see notes)
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cheyenne
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup and 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, separated
- 4 slices white bread, toasted
- Ground parsley
- Ground paprika
- Optional: 1 tomato, sliced
- In a sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally to form a roux.
- Add cold heavy cream and whisk until completely mixed. Heat until bubbles start rise to the surface. Turn off heat.
- Add salt, black pepper, cheyenne, nutmeg, and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese. Mix until cheese completely melted.
- In a baking dish, assemble: bread, turkey, optional tomato, sauce to cover, parmesan, and 3 to 4 half-strips of bacon.
- Broil for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle paprika and parsley over the top and serve.
- To partially cook the bacon, preheat oven to 350 F. Place bacon in a single layer on a foil-covered baking sheet. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
(Modified from recipe by “Chef John” Mitzewich: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/263453/the-hot-brown/)