- 3 lbs stew meat or beef tips
- 2 medium onions (sweet yellow recommended), roughly chopped
- 2 lbs frozen peas
- 3 (0.87 oz/24 g) packages McCormick Brown Gravy mix
- 8 beef bullion cubes
- 1 to 2 teaspoons coarse black pepper
- 2 to 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups water
- Turn Instant Pot to saute. Add oil, then onions, bullion, and pepper. Cook until onions are caramelized.
- Add beef, and lightly brown.
- Add water. Secure lid, then set to high pressure and cook for 45 minutes (after pressurized).
- Depressurize, remove lid, and switch to saute. Add gravy mix slowly while stirring to remove lumps.
- Add frozen frozen peas and cook 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve over egg noodles. Freeze leftovers in gallon ziplock bags.
(This dish takes a while, but it is very low-maintenance and tastes delicious. Serves about 10, so great for a social gathering or you can freeze the leftovers for a quick mid-week meal.)