- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 cup peanut butter (JIF recommended)
- 455 grams (approximately 3-3/4 cups) confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large (microwave-safe) bowl, microwave butter and peanut butter on high for 2 min. Stir to combine, then microwave for 2 additional minutes.
- Add sugar and vanilla, and mix until smooth.
- Coat an 8×8 dish or pan with butter, then insert a piece of parchment paper that is large enough to cover the top of the fudge.
- Transfer fudge into dish/pan and smooth. Press the excess parchment paper lightly over the top of the fudge.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Peel back the parchment paper, and use the excess to pull the fudge from the pan.
- Cut into desired-sized pieces. Store pieces in Tupperware or tin, using spacing and parchment paper to ensure the pieces do not touch each other.
(Source: Alton Brown, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbkC_7wQKgA)