- 1-1/2 to 2 lbs ground beef (73% lean)
- 3 cloves (3 teaspoons) garlic, minced
- 1 medium (1/2 cup) onion
- 2 packages (4 tablespoons or 2 ounces) taco seasoning
- 2 cans (10 ounce) Rotel with green chiles
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 ounces (1 package) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (or 2 teaspoons parsley and 1 teaspoon rosemary)
- 4 cups water
- 6 beef bullion cubes
- Optional toppings: shredded cheese, jalapeno, avocado
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, sweat and lightly brown onion. Add beef and scramble. Cook until beef fat starts to render (about halfway done).
- Add bullion cubes, taco seasoning, chili powder, and garlic. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add cream cheese, and stir until uniformly mixed.
- Add Rotel. Mix well, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer. Cook for 15 – 20 minutes, stirring frequently until the beef fat is fully integrated into the sauce. (If you would like the tomatoes to break down further, you can cook longer, but it’s done at this point.)
Modified from: https://hip2keto.com/recipes/slow-cooker-keto-taco-soup/