- 2 lbs Tennessee Pride Hot Country Sausage
- 5 lbs red potatoes, cut into roughly 1-inch chunks
- 2 large sweet onions, chopped
- 3 quarts (12 cups) water
- 1 quart (4 cups) whole milk
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese
- 12 chicken bullion cubes
- 3 tablespoons dried chives
- 3 tablespoons dried celery flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- In a large (2 gallon) pot over medium-high heat, brown sausage and onions until completely cooked, stirring occasionally. Do not drain.
- Add 1/3 of the potatoes and remaining ingredients except cheese. Bring to boil, then cook for 15 minutes.
- Add remaining potatoes. Bring back to boil, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add handful of cheese, and stir until melted. Repeat until all cheese is added.
- Serve hot. Freeze leftovers in gallon bags.
(Too spicy? If you want to cut back a bit on the heat, you can use 2 quarts water and 2 quarts milk. You can also drain some of the sausage drippings, though you may need to add some additional salt. Or you can switch out 1 lb of hot sausage for regular, but I’m not sure what that will do to the flavor.)