- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1-1/2 lbs ground sausage
- 1 cup dried minced onion (or 1 large fresh)
- 3-3/4 cups ketchup
- 3-3/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- Brown beef and sausage; drain.
- Add all other ingredients, and simmer until thick (about 1 hour).
- Serves 3 million. (Kidding, but seriously, this is A LOT of hot dog chili. Keep in mind that Granny used to be the head cook for a decently large church, so you might want to scale it back unless you’re inviting the whole neighborhood to the cookout or you just REALLY love hot dog chili.)