(Granny’s Note: I made this for bible school–kids loved it.)
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup and 1/2 cup powdered sugar, separated
- 8 oz low-fat cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Fruit (use your favorites; strawberries, peaches, bananas, apricots)
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Mix flour, margarine, and 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Pat into a 11×14-inch pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes. Cool.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Spread on crust.
- Slice fruit and arrange pieces over cream cheese mixture.
- Mix pineapple juice, granulated sugar, and cornstarch in a sauce pan. Cook and stir until thick.
- Pour over top of fruit.
- Chill in refrigerator.
(Source: Anna Aughenbaugh)