- 12 to 16 ounces coleslaw mix (or shredded cabbage)
- 4 to 6 ounces carrots, julienned
- 1 pound hot bulk sausage (Tennessee Pride preferred)
- 1 medium sweet or yellow onion, diced
- Soy sauce to taste
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cooking oil (vegetable recommended)
- Optional: 1 teaspoon MSG (Accent)
- In a wok or large skillet over very high heat, drizzle oil around the skillet. Once smoking hot, add onions and cook until translucent,stirring frequently.
- Add and scramble sausage. Spread to get as much of the meat in contact with the pan or wok as possible. Cook thoroughly, stirring about every 20 to 30 seconds. Remove to a bowl.
- Add the cabbage and carrots to the pan or wok. Cook to desired tenderness, adding the soy sauce and MSG a few minutes prior to removing. Stir well.
- Add the sausage and onions back to the pan or wok, and cook for an additional 20 to 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Serve hot.
(You can also add a few cups of chicken or vegetable broth at the end to transform into a soup.)