- 3 cans croissant dough (8 per can; 24 total)
- 24 small breakfast sausage links, frozen
- 12 eggs, scrambled
- 4 ounces Colby Jack cheese, grated
- 3 slices American cheese, halved
- 2 tablespoons dried chives, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Place sausages evenly (in 2 rows) into a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish. Bake for 30 minutes. Do not turn off the oven.
- Remove sausages from oven, and set aside. In the same dish, place parchment paper with a slight overhang on each of the long sides (do not clean the dish; place the parchment paper on top of the sausage grease).
- Mix salt, pepper, and chives into the eggs. Pour half of the scrambled eggs in the casserole dish. Bake for 7 minutes. Do not turn off the oven.
- Remove eggs from oven. Place the sausages evenly in 2 rows of twelve on top of the cooked eggs. Sprinkle Colby Jack over the top of the sausages and eggs. Lay the half slices of American cheese across 4 sausage links. Pour the remaining eggs over. Return to oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove dish from oven and allow to cool for approximately 20 minutes. Use a knife to slice between the sausage links.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Wrap each sausage link in a section of croissant dough. Brush with butter.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
If you want to eat this immediately, go for it. Alternatively, you can freeze them in gallon bags and reheat them. To reheat after freezing, wrap 1 croissant in a paper towel and microwave on high for 45 to 60 seconds.