- 1-1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1-1/2 sticks (12 oz) butter
- 3/4 cup Pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place ingredients in food processor; mix until it forms a ball.
- Oil or grease container.
- Spread dough in a thin layer on the bottom of the container by hand (and up the sides if using pie pan).
- Bake for 15 minutes or until it just begins to brown. Set aside to cool.
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- Mix ingredients together and spread over crust. (Granny’s note: May want a little more for the 9×13-inch dish.)
- 1-3/4 cups Lemon Pie Filling Mix or
- Slightly less than 1 cup Country Time Lemonade Mix
- Slightly more than 1/3 cup cornstarch
- Slightly less than 1/2 cup sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- 2-3/4 cups and 3/4 cup water, divided
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- A few drops yellow food coloring
- 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 cups Cool Whip
- In a heavy saucepan, combine 3/4 cup water and Filling Mix ( or Lemonade mix, cornstarch, sugar, and salt).
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Add rest of water.
- Cook over medium heat 4 or 5 minutes, stirring constantly until thick.
- Stir in butter and food coloring.
- Let cool slightly; pour over Layer 2.
- Cover with Cool Whip.