- 1/2 lb (2 sticks) butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract (or almond extract or rum)
- Start with a cold oven. Do not preheat oven.
- Cream butter, shortening, and sugar together.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition.
- Add flour and milk alternately, again mixing well after each addition.
- Add extracts.
- Pour batter into a well-greased and floured tube pan.
- Bake at 325 F for approximately 75 minutes.
(I think the source is Adluh due to product placements.)