(Granny’s Note: The best I have ever eaten! Very good!)
- 1-1/2 cups self-rising cornmeal
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, grated
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Heat deep fryer (or equivalent) to 375.
- Cook cornmeal and water over medium heat until stiff and forms a ball. Remove from heat.
- Add milk, oil, and onion; stir until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients; stir until smooth.
- Drop dough by teaspoons into oil.
- Fry 6 to 7 minutes.