- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter or margarine, well creamed
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 large bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1-1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat over to 300 F.
- In a bowl, add butter and sugar; beat until fluffy.
- Add eggs; mix.
- Add bananas, flour, and vanilla; mix well.
- In a separate bowl, dissolve baking soda into buttermilk (will be foamy), then add to batter and stir.
- Fold in nuts.
- Pout batter into oiled or greased loaf pan.
- Let sit at room temperature for 45 minutes.
- Bake for 1 hour.
(Granny’s Notes: Best if let sit several days before cutting. Good to toast and spread with cream cheese. For muffins, bake immediately. Makes about 28 regular sized muffins.)