- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/3 cup vegetable shortening
- 2/3 cup cold milk
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Work shortening into flour with fingers, dough cutter, or fork.
- Pour milk in all at once, and stir in with fork until dough leaves side of bowl. Knead a few times.
- Pat out on board sprinkled with flour until dough is about 1/2-inch.
- Cut and place on oiled or greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes.
Drop Biscuits – Follow the instructions above, but use 1 cup versus 2/3 cup milk. Instead of cutting biscuits, take a small bit of dough and drop onto a greased cookie sheet.