- 14.5 oz no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless, boneless (2 lbs)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
(This recipe offers a crock pot and stove top/oven option.)
- In a 6-quart slow cooker, combine tomatoes, vinegar, honey, paprika, soy sauce, mustard, and red pepper flakes.
- Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low until the chicken is falling apart, about 5 hours.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with your favorite barbecue sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In an oven-safe dish, bring all ingredients to a boil over high heat.
- Cover; transfer to oven.
- Cook until chicken is falling apart, 1 to 2 hours.