(Granny said that while my father was in college, he would call and ask her to make her version anytime he would be coming home. I also love this recipe, but I’ve made a few tweaks to suit my family’s tastes. Still all the love to Granny for giving me a framework to start from.)
- 1 (or 2) lbs Tennessee Pride Hot Country Sausage, browned and drained
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 8 oz shredded Colby Jack or Cheddar
- 2 (qty) 12 oz cans evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 medium yellow squash, cut in chunks, sauteed in butter or oil, drained
- 4 large eggs
- 1 to 2 cups grated Parmesan
- Mix all ingredients except eggs and evaporated milk.
- Beat eggs and milk; fold into mixture.
- Pour into sprayed or greased 9×13-inch (or bigger) dish.
- Top with Parmesan cheese. (I try to get a nice, fairly complete layer of parm.)
- Bake at 400 F for 20 min, then reduce to 350 F for 25 minutes or until parmesan begins to brown and bubble.