- 1 fryer or hen
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 3 boiled eggs, sliced
- 10 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 1 stick or butter or margarine
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Boil chicken.
- Cool. Remove bones, cut chicken into small pieces, and place in a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix soup and broth, and pour over chicken.
- Combine butter, flour, and buttermilk; mix well. Pour over chicken and broth.
- Evenly distribute slices of hard-cooked eggs on top of batter.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until crust is lightly browned.
(Source: Sandra Hargett, Milford Baptist Church, Taylors)