- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 10-1/2 oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 2-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion tops
- (Preheat oven to 350 F now or during/after step 2.)
- Brown ground beef in skillet, and drain excess fat.
- Put beef into a greased 2-quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with rice and onion soup mix.
- Combine the mushroom soup and boiling water, and mix well to make smooth.
- Pour over the ingredients in the dish.
- Cover casserole and bake at 350 F (aren’t you glad I gave you a heads up?) for 1 hour or until rice is brown.
- Remove cover, sprinkle with onion tops, and serve.
(Source: Doris Riley, First Baptist Church, George)