- 2-1/2 to 3 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup mild or medium salsa
- 12 Kaiser rolls or hamburger buns, split and warmed
- Trim excess fat from roast and cut into large pieces.
- Place in 3-1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker.
- Combine barbecue sauce, preserves, bell pepper, mustard, brown sugar, red onion, and salsa in a medium bowl. Pour over beef.
- Cover and cook on low 9 hours or on high 4-1/2 to 5 hours, until beef is very tender.
- Remove beef to cutting board. Pull apart with fork or cut into thin slices.
- Serve on Kaiser rolls or buns with sauce.
(From Eleanor Froehlich of Rochester Hills, Mich.)