- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/4 lb chicken breasts, skinless, boneless, halved or cubed
- 10-3/4 oz can of Campbell’s Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or more, if you like; we added some mozzarella too)
- 3 chicken bullion cubes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (optional; if used, increase salt to 1 or 1-1/4 teaspoons)
- Heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook 10 minutes or until well browned on both sides. Remove chicken from skillet.
- Stir in remaining ingredients (except optional vegetables), and heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook 15 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking time.
- Stir in vegetables (optional). Return chicken to skillet. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and rice is tender.
(Derived from Campbell’s recipe)