(Granny’s Note: This is the recipe I use–good! I use 10x10x2-inch Corning baking dish on top of the stove.)
- 1 medium to large onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups rice, washed
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 14.5 oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 4 beef bouillon cubes (Granny’s Note: I use 2 tablespoons Tones Beef Soup Base)
- 14.5 oz (soup can) and 29 oz (2 soup cans) boiling water, divided
- Optional: Mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Saute onion and rice in butter, stir.
- When light brown, add soup, bouillon, and 14.5 oz water.
- Mix well, and add 29 oz water.
- Add mushrooms (optional).
- Bake for 1 hour or until all liquid is absorbed.