- 3 ½ cups unbleached bread flour (plus extra)
- 2 teaspoons white sugar or honey
- 1 ½ teaspoons table salt
- 1 ¼ teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil (plus extra)
- 11 oz cool water
- Combine flour, sugar or honey, salt, yeast, and olive oil.
- Mix flour with paddle attachment on low for 1 to
2 minutes until coarse ball forms.
- If mixing by hand, 2 to 3 min with a large spoon.
- Let rest uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Knead dough for 2 to 3 minutes with dough hook
(or by hand) until smooth, supple, and slightly tacky (but not sticky).
- Add small amounts of flour or water as needed. If too sticky, add flour. If dry or clumpy, add water.
- Lightly oil a bowl which is twice the size of the dough.
- Roll the dough in the bowl to coat with oil.
- Cover in plastic and refrigerate for at least 8
hours (no more than 3 days).
- Can also be allowed to rise on counter if needed faster, 1 to 2 hours.
(Derived from: https://www.finecooking.com/recipe/pizza-dough)