- 9-inch piecrust (homemade or store-bought)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1-1/2 cups pecans, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Place crust in a 9-inch glass or ceramic pie-baking dish.
- Layer parchment paper over crust, and weight it down with pie weights or dry beans.
- Bake in oven for 6 to 7 minutes. Remove pie shell from oven, and remove pie weights and parchment. Allow to cool.
- In a medium-large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, corn syrup, butter, vanilla, and salt.
- Stir in pecans and chocolate chips.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until sides are firm but center is still slightly shaky. Do not overcook. Allow to cool.
- Serve at room temperature or slightly warm.
(Source: Michael Phillips)